This is episode 70 recorded on July 24th, 2018 where John talks to Kent Weare, Principal Program Manager for Microsoft Flow, at the Business Application Summit about Microsoft Flow & the announcement that was made at Microsoft Ignite on September 27th about Power Query Online Integration for Microsoft Flow.
This is episode 57 recorded on July 23rd, 2018 where John & Jason recap the announcements at the 2018 Business Application Summit in Seattle, Washington.
The Digital Feedback Loop
All about machine learning
Nothing is new – until now with data and predictions
Demos of CRM, Talent, Integration of LinkedIn Reporter
Remote Assist with AR and CRM data
Future of Modern and Enterprise BI
3 focus areas
- Unified Platform for both self-service & enterprise BI
- Intuitive experiences
- Pervasive AI for BI
July Desktop Release – for another show…….
- Performance enhancements – 1.5 trillion rows, .25 PB of data was instant
- Aggregation feature – aggregations caching
- Showing direct connect to Spark
- Composite Models – multiple direct query
- SSRS – first see in August
- Multi Geo
- ALM – ALM Toolkit for Power BI from MAQ
- Data Flows is the final name for Data Pools – magic is open data lake storage direct connected.
- Fit and finish in Power BI Desktop. Now relationship editor, Design guides, visuals to the top
- PRINTING – PDF.
- Select on data to filter out
- OOB Themes
- Expression Based properties – even text properties like SSRS
- Pivot tables
- Quick insights gets a big improvement
- Q&A within reports. “Explain the increase” with Quick insights.