This is episode 73 recorded on October 22nd, 2018 where John & Jason talk to Chris Finlan, Senior Program Manager for Power BI at Microsoft, about the Power BI Report Server, Paginated Report in the cloud via Power BI, and much more.
This is episode 72 recorded on October 19th, 2018 where John & Jason talk to about the October release of Power BI Desktop, and a little about publish to web reports.
- Search in filter cards
- Improved accessible authoring experiences
- Performance improvements for ArcGIS Map
- Composite models & Aggregation support in the Power BI service (preview)
- Explain the increase for non-additive measures
- Mapbox updates – 3D extrusion on fill maps & more
- Various bar & column chart visuals by Akvelon
- 3AG Systems – Column chart with small multiples
- 3AG Systems – Bar chart with absolute variance
Systems – Column chart with relative variance
- Web By Example connector is now generally available
- SAP BW Connector implementation v2 is now generally available
- SAP BW Message Server Connector is now generally available
- Vertica connector is now generally available
- Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central connectors are now generally available
- New Dynamics 365 Business Central On-premises connector
Dave Ruijter’s Public Reports Gallery
Power BI Report Server release timing update
September Desktop Episode
This is episode 71 recorded on September 26th, 2018 where John & Jason talk about some new & exciting stuff they are each working on & interview Amanda Cofsky, Program Manager for Power BI, at Microsoft Ignite about what is coming to Power BI Desktop like Copy & Paste visuals between PBIX files.
Microsoft Power BI Desktop: Data exploration, analysis and storytelling – Amanda Cofsky, Will Thompson
This is episode 70 recorded on July 24th, 2018 where John talks to Kent Weare, Principal Program Manager for Microsoft Flow, at the Business Application Summit about Microsoft Flow & the announcement that was made at Microsoft Ignite on September 27th about Power Query Online Integration for Microsoft Flow.
Microsoft Flow: Digitally transform your business – Jon Levesque, Kent Weare
Build a workflow in 10 minutes –
Jon Levesque, Kent Weare
This is episode 69 recorded live in Orlando at Microsoft Ignite September 26th, 2018 where John & Jason talk to Sundeep Meda Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft, along with Adam Saxton, live at Microsoft Ignite 2018 about RDL in the Cloud, field listener questions, the Power BI webpart in SharePoint Online, updates to Report Builder & Report viewer, Row level security in Power BI Report Server, and much more. This is the second part of the live recording done from the podcast studio at Microsoft Ignite 2018.
This is episode 68 recorded live in Orlando at Microsoft Ignite September 26th, 2018 where John & Jason talk to Adam Saxton, Microsoft’s “Guy in a Cube”, live at Microsoft Ignite 2018 about the new XMLA end points, Certified Data Sets, the shift to focus on Enterprise BI with Power BI Premium, the new ALM Toolkit, and much more.
Guy In A Cube – YouTube Channel
Power BI “Keynote” at Ignite – BRK2148 – Microsoft Power BI: The future for modern and enterprise BI
This is episode 67 recorded live in Orlando at Microsoft Ignite on September 25th, 2018 where John & Jason talk to Josh Caplan, Sr. Program Manager for Power BI, live at Microsoft Ignite 2018 about Power BI Premium, the new XMLA end points, and much more. .
For the video of this interview, check out our channel on YouTube –https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGLwGcWtR94