This is episode 50 recorded live on May 21st 2018… where John & Jason talk the announcements & other things happening at the SharePoint Conference North America in Las Vegas.
Facebook Live show: https://www.facebook.com/bifocalshow/videos/255860991644964/
- Power BI Insights baked into lists
- Was that a modern BDC built in?
- 3D editor site of course
- SP2019 – still waiting on deprecation statements for PP and PP4SP
- Our tutorial…. What were people looking for?
This is episode 49 recorded on May 15th 2018… where John & Jason talk to Liz Sundet, Office Servers & Services MVP from Minnesota, about the upcoming SPCNA Conference in Las Vegas next week and some news related to the upcoming GDPR deadline.
Liz is a Microsoft Office Servers and Services MVP and is involved with multiple areas of the business as a consultant for SharePoint and Office 365. Her work includes a variety of aspects from developing strategies to aid in collaboration, identifying best practices for SharePoint and Office 365 to run efficiently and working with multiple teams on identifying needs and areas of improvement. Liz loves a challenge, so everything from a business problem to troubleshooting an error in a system is just another learning opportunity. As a trainer and international speaker, she hopes to inspire others to learn something they can apply to their own work immediately. When she is not working in SharePoint or traveling, you may find her in a variety of activities as diverse as she is: playing music, riding motorcycles, training her dog and even a craft or two. You can follow her on twitter @percusn
Three Must Have SharePoint Workflows with Microsoft Flow Level – Vlad Catrinescu
5 Simple Ways to Improve Business Productivity with SharePoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Flow Level: 100 Stephanie Donahue
Take a Chance and Hire that Fine Arts Major Liz Sundet
SharePoint Server 2019: A First Look – Bill Baer & Hani Loza
Get the Facts from your SharePoint Site with Analytics, Then Improve It! – Liz Sundet
Understanding Office 365 Usage Reporting – Scott Hoag
Keynote – SharePoint and OneDrive connect your workplace – Jeff Teper, Seth Patton, Omar Shahine, Dan Holme
Be a SPFx Ninja: with these Performance, Debugging, Logging and Telemetry Tricks! – Andrew Connell
Developing SharePoint Framework Web Parts with Power BI Embedding – Ted Pattison
Using Flow and Azure Functions to Customize your Site Design – Dave Feldman
Mastering Modern Authentication and Authorization for SharePoint and Office 365 Applications – Eric Shupps
This is episode 48 recorded on May 8th 2018… where John & Jason talk about Guy in a Cube’s new video, and walk through the new features of the May 2018 Power BI Desktop which includes the much anticipated incremental refresh.
Guy in a Cube CDSA – Common Data Service for Analytics (CDS-A) and Power BI – an Introduction
Excel Gets custom visuals “soon”
New PBI Desktop for May
• Conditional formatting by a different field
• Advanced slicer syncing
• Log axis improvements
• Data label options for funnel chart
• Set line stroke width to zero
• Measure drillthrough
Power BI Premium
• Incremental refresh (preview)
• Collage by CloudScope
• Chinese Color Map
• New “From Web” connector – By example data extraction (preview)
• Common Data Service for Apps connector (beta)
• Azure KustoDB connector (beta)
• Google BigQuery and Azure HDInsight Spark connectors now generally available
• Adobe Analytics connector update – Support for multiple domain logins (preview)
• Visual Studio Team Services connector update – Analytics views support
• OLE DB connector update – Support for alternate Windows credentials
• SAP BW DirectQuery connector update – Improved technical name support
• Improvements to Add Column From Examples
This is episode 47 recorded on April 30th 2018… where John & Jason interview Olaf Hubel, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft on the Excel Engineering team.
Excel User Voice