This is episode 26 recorded on December 6th, 2017 from SharePointFest Chicago… where John & Jason talk about the latest updates to the OnPrem Data Gateway, the technical reference implementation for enterprise BI and reporting, and the latest news for Power BI Developers.
Technical reference implementation for enterprise BI and reporting
On-premises data gateway November update is now available
- The public preview of the long-awaited High Availability support.
- The “Additional Logging” setting of the gateway will now include the Mashup engine traces.
- The gateway will now automatically fall back to communicating through Azure Service Bus using HTTPS if direct TCP fails.
- The gateway now includes the November version of the Mashup engine.
Power BI Developer community November update
Azure Resource Manager API
- Scale up/ down
- Pause/ start resource
- Create/ Delete resource
- Get capacity information
- Update capacity
- Get capacity list in a resource group/ subscription
….they will add support for ARM PowerShell soon
Cloud Service Provider purchase channel now available
Visual Options menu and Context menu extension
Injecting custom actions into the options & context menus
Preload API for a better loading experience
Update connection string
RLS support on AS Azure for pre-defined roles
API 1.9 is now available, adding the ability to open the default browser and navigate to a URL
How to clone workspaces using the API
Microsoft’s best practices for building custom visuals in Power BI